Social work in rural areas
Social workers working in rural and remote areas will experience opportunities and challenges which are different to working in urban areas and need particular skills and knowledge to work effectively within rural communities.
We welcome your suggestions about themes or resources which would be helpful to include on this page.
We are working with stakeholders to help us develop resources for this page and from initial consultation some of the themes we have identified include:
- Living and working in small communities: managing relationships
- Creative and innovative practice: using yourself as a resource and outreach work
- Service provision: working with limited community resources
- Support networks and self-care
Iriss rural social work resources
- We recommend Iriss rural social work resources